Friday, March 29, 2013

Buttermilk Biscuits

These buttermilk biscuits are perfectly delicious served warm and smothered with butter and homemade strawberry jam.  They are equally delicious used to sandwich an over easy egg, piece of ham and cheese that's melted to ooey, gooey perfection.  Either way, you really can't go wrong!


Buttermilk Biscuits

4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
2 cups buttermilk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.  Cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs using a pastry blender or two knives (I used a food processor).  Add the buttermilk and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a floured surface and pat into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.  Cut dough into 12 squares (I like this shape because it eliminates all scraps).  Place on baking sheets and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.  Eat warm with butter and jam or let cool slightly and make breakfast sandwiches (or do both like I did).

Recipe from Martha Stewart

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it’s quite inspiring I should admit.I like visiting your site since I always come across interesting articles like this one Thanksgiving Outfits

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post was so awesome, Thanks for sharing. I am looking for the best Slim fit leather jackets, please let me know if anyone knows about it. Black Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete