Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sesame Noodles

I used a new recipe for lettuce wraps tonight and I think I liked the flavor better than the ones that I usually make.  Sometimes it's hard to tell when I am not tasting them side by side.  I will share the recipe soon, but tonight to go alongside the lettuce wraps, simple sesame noodles.  Tonights meal is one of Preston's favorites!


Sesame Noodles

12 ounces, thin noodles, cooked and drained
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (add more if you want more heat)
1 tablespoons hot water
4 whole green onions, sliced thin

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl.  Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.  Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with green onions and toss.  Serve.

*The original recipe calls for an additional 4 tablespoons of canola oil to add volume to the sauce.  I found that the noodles were too oily, so I always leave it out.

Adapted from Pioneer Women Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment