Sunday, November 27, 2011

French Breakfast Puffs

I love these little buttery bites!  Preston calls them doughnuts and he thinks that he ate at least 4 for breakfast (maybe more) this morning.  I did the math looking at how many I baked and how many the rest of us ate.  He only had three, but he still doesn't believe me!


French Breakfast Puffs

1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.

In a bowl of a standing mixer cream together the butter and sugar.  Add the egg to the butter mixture and beat until light and fluffy.

Sift together dry ingredients.  Add alternately with the milk to the butter mixture until combined.  Don't over mix.  Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake 20-25 minutes until golden.

In a bowl melt 1/2 cup butter.  In a separate bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon.  While the muffins are still warm, dip in butter, coating thoroughly, then coat with the cinnamon and sugar.  Serve while warm (this is a must)!

*I use a mini-muffin tin because I like little bites and I also get more buttery, cinnamon-sugar goodness in each bite!  I usually fill about 18 mini-muffin cups and bake for about 12 minutes.
*To make these extra special try browning the butter that you use to dip the muffin in before the cinnamon sugar.  It takes these delicious little breakfast bites over the top!!

No comments:

Post a Comment