Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Next spring I am going to plant my own garden.  I am 99 percent sure that I have said that before, but maybe writing it down will make it more concrete.  Thank goodness I have kind neighbors who are willing to share their garden's bounty with me and my family.  This recipe comes from my Dad's youngest sister Tricia and is a perfect way to use some of those zucchinis that may have grown just a bit too big.  I love this bread and so does my family!


Zucchini Bread

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease two 9x5 loaf pans and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

In a blender blend, 1 cup oil and enough zucchini to make 3 1/2 cups. 

In a large bowl mix 3 eggs and 2 cups of sugar.  Add zucchini oil mixture to eggs and sugar.  Mix until combined. 

Add 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to the wet ingredients.  Mix until combined.  Add 2 more cups of flour and mix until smooth.

Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pans and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

I ate the piece of bread that I took a picture of and if you can't tell already, I love butter!

1 comment:

  1. Breanna!! How did I stumble across your delicous blog?! I LOVE it! You are killing me! Everything looks and sounds divine!! I can't wait to start making some of these! Hope you are doing well! Please tell your mom hello for me!
    amy:)

    ReplyDelete