Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies

My two favorite Easter candies are Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs and Cadbury Mini Eggs.  I don't know very many people (except my husband who prefers Robin Eggs) who don't totally enjoy a handful of those crisp outer shell (after chopping them you'll find out just how crisp they are), milk chocolate eggs.  There is something about them that makes them highly addicting and I'm not usually one who is head over heels in love with milk chocolate.  I found this brownie recipe on Bakeaholic Mama and had to give it a try.  These brownies were as delicious as I had hopedReally, how could brownies and chocolate eggs together ever be a bad thing? 



Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies

1 cup butter
3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped milk chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs, divided


Heat oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with parchment, extending it up two sides, or foil. Spray the parchment with a nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt chopped milk chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat and add cocoa powder, stir until smooth. Set aside and let cool slightly.  


In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Next add the vanilla and salt.  Add the chocolate/butter mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.  Stir in flour.  Next, fold in Greek yogurt and 3/4 cup chopped mini eggs.  Pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread until even. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup chopped mini eggs on the top of the brownie batter.  Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.

I also love these brownies frozen (they don't get break your teeth hard).

Recipe slightly adapted from Bakeaholic Mama

14 comments:

  1. These look incredible! I made a blondie with mini eggs in them the other day, but I'll tell you, all those colors are so striking against the dark brownie. You obviously cut up your mini eggs, too. I think I'll do that next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Ooooo yum! Blondies with mini eggs sound awesome (how can you go wrong using mini eggs)! Cutting the mini eggs was a bit harder than I thought it would be. The crisp outer shell is really crisp! :)

      Delete
  2. Go check our Mini Eggs Cheesecake recipe on our blog. If you're a fan of Mini Eggs, you will absolutly love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the eggs stay fairly whole in yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did a rough chop of the mini eggs. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. I used the flat side of a meat tenderizer! Actually the side of it, with a fairly good tap, the eggs broke right into pieces! Worked like a charm!

      Delete
  4. These are the best brownies I have ever made, by a long shot. And I have been baking for 20 years. People have not stopped talking about them since Easter so I am making more tonight but with chopped up twirl bites. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! These are one of my favorites brownies too!!!

      Delete
  5. Could I substitute a 2.9% vanilla yogurt instead of Greek yogurt???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love these brownies and so do my boys! They also have become my secret weapon in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to let you know these are my go to brownies and have been for a couple years now, wouldn't bother with any other recipe! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The post was so awesome, Thanks for sharing. I am looking for the best Slim fit leather jackets, please let me know if anyone knows about it. Black Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete